The Beta Psi Chapter of the International Fraternity of Delta Sigma Pi was established at Louisiana Tech University on May 15, 1948 by the following students:
- Lee Brown Roy Hurley Thurston Goodwin
- Harry Bell Claude Merlo John Riddle
- Wade Smith L. Robertson Calvin Carpenter
- Mode Choate Wilbur Chrisman Herbert Davis
- Harvey Farley James French Clarence Gandy
- William Grobe Leo Herbert Glen Hodge
- Robert Johnson Carl Kendrick Fred Lord
- Hugh Mix John Norton John Prudhomme
- Claud Robinson Harold Robins Henry Williams
- Henry Wade
These 29 students knew there was a need for a Professional Business fraternity that allowed all people regardless of background and established what we now know to be the Beta Psi Chapter!
We are a proud organization, consistently living and re-establishing our belief that the primary purpose of a business fraternity is to prepare students to be ethical leaders in their careers. We acknowledge that membership in Delta Sigma Pi extends far beyond the undergraduate experience. We are known as the foremost business fraternity because we strive to equip our members and fellow students throughout their lives to achieve maximum impact in their studies, careers, communities, civic involvement, and personal relationships.